[mapserver-users] WMS & MSSQL Question

Tim Nasman tnasman at rollingleaf.com
Tue Sep 9 13:38:50 PDT 2014

Hello,

So I have been slowly learning the in's and out's of Mapserver and right
now I am at an impasse because I am not getting anymore errors to figure
out where to look next.

I am importing data from a MSSQL database and Mapserver is configured as a
WMS. When I test the mapfile in shp2img I get the information I want so I
know the connection is working and as far I know the mapfile is correct,
but when I try to access the map on my server using

http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?map=C:\mypath\mapfile.map&mode=browse

 I am just receiving a blank box that is the same size as my map size with
no errors to chase out. So I guess my question would be, where in the
mapfile should I start digging into to figure out why it is not showing the
information I want.

Thanks

--
Timothy Nasman