[mapserver-users] Multiple MapCache configuration files

Travis Kirstine tkirstine at firstbasesolutions.com
Mon Aug 24 06:10:24 PDT 2015

You can create multiple aliases in apache

<IfModule mapcache_module>
   <Directory /path/to/mapcache>
      Order Allow,Deny
      Allow from all
   </Directory>
   MapCacheAlias /mapcache_1 "/path/to/mapcache_1.xml"
   MapCacheAlias /mapcache_2 "/path/to/mapcache_2.xml"
   MapCacheAlias /mapcache_3 "/path/to/mapcache_3.xml"
</IfModule>

On Mon, Aug 24, 2015 at 8:51 AM, geographika <geographika at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> As per the configuration guide I have a single xml configuration file for
> all MapCache layers. This is set in httpd.conf (I'm using ms4w, and running
> on a Windows server):
>
> <IfModule mapcache_module>
>    <Directory "/ms4w/apps/mapcache/">
>       Order Allow,Deny
>       Allow from all
>    </Directory>
>    MapCacheAlias /mapcache "C:/ms4w/apps/mapcache/mapcache.xml"
> </IfModule>
>
> However I'm using MapCache on a development server and hosting several
> different applications. I create the xml file dynamically for each
> application, however with this approach I either have to change the above
> path and restart Apache, or merge all the xml files together to a single
> file.
>
> Is there anyway to change which xml file is used using a querystring, or
> is there any other suggested approach to handling multiple mapcache.xml
> files?
>
> Regards,
>
> Seth
>
> --
> web: http://geographika.co.uk
> twitter: @geographika

[image: FBS Logo]

*Travis Kirstine*, Web Development Supervisor
*t *905‑477‑3600* x *301 | *m *905‑534‑4798 |
tkirstine at firstbasesolution.com

*First Base Solutions Inc.*
140 Renfrew Drive, Suite 100 | Markham | Ontario | L3R 6B3
*t* 905‑477‑3600 | *f* 905‑477‑0892 | www.firstbasesolutions.com