[mapserver-users] Color the world, but not my country

Wim Vanbelle wimvanbelle at gmail.com
Fri Dec 11 11:37:04 PST 2015

Dear,

I have a country shapefile and I would like to style everything, besides
the one feature in the polygon.

This is a shapefile layer, so I'm wondering on how I could possibly improve
this:

        LAYER
                NAME "gadm"
                TYPE POLYGON
TRANSPARENCY 70
                DATA "gadm28.shp"
                STATUS default
DEBUG 4

                CLASS
EXPRESSION ("[ISO]" != "NLD")

                        style
                                color "#000000"
                        end

                END
        END

Basically, I would like to only use the data from the netherlands (NLD),
because it's a lot less data, and color everything else, besides the one
feature that it has.

My above (working example) is taking the entire world and only filtering
out what I want to see.

The goal is to visually create a map of a single country and block out all
the rest ;-). It's rendered as a tile layer. (gmaps)

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Best regards,
Wim