[mapserver-users] MapServer Environment Variables and IIS

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Mon Feb 9 12:48:29 PST 2015

On 2015-02-09 1:03 PM, geographika wrote:
> Thanks Jeff.
> The environment variable is definitely set in system variables, and I've
> rebooted a few times now. It also happens on both a w08r2 server and a
> Windows 7 machine.
> I can see it in
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session
> Manager\Environment
> I'm using x64 MapServer, but the environment variables appear in my x64
> Python script.
> I had this working a couple of years ago, and tried to see if anything
> has changed in the MS source since but no luck.
>
> I think I should also be able to set it in the web.config using the
> following, but also no luck:
>
>          <fastCgi>
>              <application fullPath="C:\Mapserver\bin\mapserv.exe">
>                  <environmentVariables>
>                      <environmentVariable name="CURL_CA_BUNDLE"
> value="C:\Mapserver\bin\curl\curl-ca-bundle.crt" />
>                  </environmentVariables>
>              </application>
>          </fastCgi>
>
> Regards,
>
> Seth

I think I may been in your exact shoes once, and it was a problem with
the Curl library in the MapServer build (I believe Curl is used for this
certification/communication, along with the OpenSSL, but you could
clarify this with other developers).  I would also test with MS4W to see
if you get the same problem.

I think you said it used to work with an older MapServer version; I
would therefore test on that same server with that same older MapServer
version/package again too.

Ha, this is how I debug (yes gives you grey hairs ha!).

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna
http://www.gatewaygeomatics.com/