[mapserver-users] mapserv 7.0 and gif

Richard Greenwood richard.greenwood at gmail.com
Thu Feb 12 19:13:16 PST 2015

Very exciting to see the 7.0 beta! So I built it and satisfied the gif
dependency. I define a gif OUTPUTFORMAT definition in my map file, I
request a map with map_imagetype=image/gif but I get a PNG. So is gif
support truly gone in 7.0? And if so, it seems a little misleading to have
a libgif dependency in the build, to allow a gif OUTPUTFORMAT definition,
and to allow a map_imagetype=image/gif request.

In any case - thanks for all the work getting to 7.0!

Rich

--
Richard W. Greenwood, PLS
www.greenwoodmap.com