[mapserver-users] multiple mapserv versions side by side

thomas bonfort thomas.bonfort at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 02:05:56 PST 2015

You /should/, at least on linux, be able to install to any non
standard location without having to compile a static version by using
"cmake .. -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PATH=/opt/ms70" and then copying/symlinking
/opt/ms70/bin/mapserv to your standard cgi directory. The compiled
php_mapscript.so should also pick up the non standard location,
although you'll have to manually configure php to use the new
php_mapscript.so library. You'll definitely run into issues if you
have php load multiple versions of php_mapscript.so.

--
thomas