[mapserver-users] Beschriftung Objekte mit gleicher Lage

Jörg Thomsen jt at mapmedia.de
Tue Jan 6 04:49:42 PST 2015

hello and a happy new year!

here you can find a multilabel-example:
http://mapserver.org/development/announce/6-2.html#complex-multi-label-symbol-symbology

https://github.com/mapserver/msautotest/blob/branch-6-2/renderers/multilabel.map

If you don't want a fixed position of the labels you can collect the
attributes / labels in one text-line and use a wrap-character:
    CLASS
      NAME "blah"
      TEXT ([schild1]![schild12]![schild3])
      LABEL
        WRAP "!"
        TYPE truetype
        FONT 'verdana'
      END
    END

both will cause blank lines. To avoid them, my only idea is to use a
view if your data is in a database. You'll have to use conidtions like

SELECT schild1 || schild2 FROM

(SELECT
   CASE
      WHEN schild1 NOT NULL THEN schild1 || "!"
      ELSE ""
      END AS schild1,
   CASE
      WHEN schild2 NOT NULL THEN schild2 || "!"
      ELSE ""
      END AS schild2
FROM table)

Jörg