[mapserver-users] Spatial access restriction based on "secret" in URL, WMS Getcapabilities

Dan Little theduckylittle at gmail.com
Sat Jan 10 04:30:03 PST 2015

I'd probably do something with a script and some URL rewriting.

For example, a URL like...
- http://myserver.whee/path/SECRET_CODE/mapserv?[WMS parameters]

Then do the following:
1. Low-buck: Use apache rewrite rules to set an environment variable.
Then use the environment variable for my substitutions.
2. Using WSGI (I'm a python kind of guy): Parse the URL to get the
secret to do the limiting.

Really this kind of stuff is always application specific, and you are
ultimately the person who needs to maintain it, so stick to what
you'll be able to understand 6-months after you've implemented it. :-)