[mapserver-users] mapserver - postgis/postgresql connection problem

Rahkonen Jukka (MML) jukka.rahkonen at maanmittauslaitos.fi
Wed Jan 14 06:30:00 PST 2015

Hi,

At least your DATA, EXTENT and PROJECTION do not match. You define the projection of the layer as EPSG:4326 but I guess that it EPSG:32633. TRANSPARENCY 100 means totally transparent map so even if it happens to work  you can't notice it. Then I am not sure if pmapper can turn the status of the layer from OFF to ON.  However, I am sure that starting testing with an application is never a good idea. Test first with shp2img http://mapserver.org/utilities/shp2img.html and you can avoid the troubles caused by http server and misconfigured client. Once you can see that you map works with shp2img you can continue.

It would be good to see your whole mapfile. If you have created it with the QGIS plugin it will not work without some more edits.

-Jukka Rahkonen-

kassandraxx wrote:

> Hello!

> http://archeogis.myftp.org/pmapper-4.2.0/map_default.phtml

> in this example, I can see the data uploaded to the ftp, but I can not see the data uploaded to the database ( ager Firmanus ) .
In QGIS i can add postgis vector data, then the database is working properly.

> This is part of my map file

LAYER
    NAME 'Ager Firmanus'
    TYPE LINE
    DUMP true
    TEMPLATE void
  EXTENT 325018.498153 4739346.182159 402747.056951 4777108.180989
    CONNECTIONTYPE postgis
    CONNECTION "dbname='db_name' host=archeogis.myftp.org port=5432 user='xxx' password='xxx' sslmode=disable"
    DATA 'the_geom FROM "ager_firmanus" USING UNIQUE gid USING srid=32633'
    METADATA
      'ows_title' 'ager_firmanus'
    END
    STATUS OFF
    TRANSPARENCY 100
    PROJECTION
    'proj=utm'
    'zone=33'
    'datum=WGS84'
    'units=m'
    'no_defs'
    END
    CLASS
       NAME 'ager_firmanus'
       STYLE
         WIDTH 1
         COLOR 77 158 104
       END
    END
  END

Table ager_firmanus
gid 	Id 	the_geom
1        0      0102000020797F0000FE0000004979E20BBB4A1841014A22E...

table geometry_columns

f_table_catalog 	f_table_schema 	f_table_name 	f_geometry_column
coord_dimension 	srid 	type
db_name	              public	         ager_firmanus	  the_geom
2                32633 LINESTRING

I can not understand where is the error :(