[mapserver-users] Mapserver wms and Openlayers 3

jordan jordanmartinezaguila at gmail.com
Fri Jul 24 12:26:52 PDT 2015

Hope you can guide me in this issue I have. My aim is to connect to a Postgis
database from Openlayers 3 using Mapserver WMS.

Apparently all is set up in my mapfile for WMS service(postgres connection
inside). I have tested and validated the getmap request, no errors found.

Here is my URL:
http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?map=C:/ms4w/Apache/htdocs/maquetado/mapfiles/demo3.map&SERVICE=WMS&VERSION=1.1.1&REQUEST=GetMap&LAYERS=agave_01_gcs,agave_02_gcs&STYLES=&SRS=EPSG:4326&BBOX=-103.809,20.8419,-103.716,20.8878&WIDTH=105&HEIGHT=22&FORMAT=image/png

After that I change the path inside the "http.conf" file as follows:
SetEnv myMap "C:/ms4w/Apache/htdocs/maquetado/mapfiles/demo3.map"

Here is my final URL: http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?map=myMap

I have tested it in GIS clients as a QGIS and ArcGIS and all is ok but when
I try to use it in OL3 no layers are shown.

I think that probably something is wrong with my WMS url that OL3 can not
read..
So it is possible to change the "mapserv.exe" in my URL specifically omit
the "exe" ??

I need something like this: http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=myMap

Best regards
Jordan