[mapserver-users] Is there a way to convert a QGIS layout into a ".map" file?

Rahkonen Jukka (MML) jukka.rahkonen at maanmittauslaitos.fi
Wed Mar 18 01:15:36 PDT 2015

Hi,

There is this plugin http://plugins.qgis.org/plugins/rt_mapserver_exporter/
and old documentation http://docs.qgis.org/1.8/en/docs/user_manual/plugins/plugins_mapserver_export.html

Unfortunately the plugin makes mapfiles which were usable as-is with Mapserver 5.x but not since that. It also creates mapfiles which I do not like a lot because it is lazy with PROJECTION blocks etc. but that is at least partly matter of taste. But if you know how to write valid mapfiles for Mapserver v. 6.x and above then that plugin does make usable templates which can save time. It would be nice to get that plugin up-to-date.

Other alternatives which do not help with QGIS styles but are worth having a look:  http://scribeui.org/ and  http://gisinternals.com/mapmanager.html

-Jukka Rahkonen-