[mapserver-users] Encoding problem

thomas bonfort thomas.bonfort at gmail.com
Mon Oct 26 11:25:42 PDT 2015

Stefanos,
First off, you *need* to know the encoding that's actually used by
each datasource, there's no way of guessing that reliably
programmatically. And since MapServer 7, the ENCODING keyword has been
moved to the LAYER level:
http://mapserver.org/development/rfc/ms-rfc-103.html
If you have the possibility, and/or in the future, always use UTF8
inside your datasources.

regards,
thomas