[mapserver-users] RE Cascaded WMS GetFeatureInfo

Holger Schiebold hschiebold at codematix.de
Thu Oct 29 08:41:51 PDT 2015

Hmm, but it was only working with one layer in my 6.4.2 mapserver here.
If i was requesting more than one layer, mapserver crashed. I had to
made a patch for the mapwmslayer.c, so now it's working for all layers
in my cascading service. If it's not fixed in mapserver 7 (i can not
test at the moment) i can provide a patch based on the 6.4.2 Version.

regards Holger

Am 29.10.2015 um 09:05 schrieb hschiebold at codematix.de:
> i was able to cascade the featureinfo with a dummy template in the
> layer section of the mapfile - without dummy template there was no
> cascading featureinfo in my service
>
> regards Holger
>
> Zitat von Steve.Toutant at inspq.qc.ca:
>
>> Cora have you read this?
>> http://mapserver.org/ogc/wms_server.html#cascading-wms-request
>> It might help to know why a layer is not cascaded
>>
>> What happen if you don't modify the style?
>> steve
>>

>> "Berger, Cora" <cora.berger at bezreg-koeln.nrw.de>@lists.osgeo.org
>> Envoyé par : "mapserver-users" <mapserver-users-bounces at lists.osgeo.org>
>> 2015-10-27 04:01

>> "'mapserver-users at lists.osgeo.org'" <mapserver-users at lists.osgeo.org>
>> cc
>>
>> Objet
>> [mapserver-users] Cascaded WMS GetFeatureInfo
>>

>> Hello everybody,
>> I am building a cascaded WMS. My layers all have connectiontype WMS and
>> all of them use one layer of the same WMS as source. The only thing I
>> change is the style of the original WMS.
>> My problem is that the GetFeatureInfo does not cascade. I am using
>> Mapserver 7.0. I read that the GetFeatureInfo request supports
>> cascading.
>> All requests are enabled in the metadata. Do I have to add a special tag
>> in the metatada or layer section to "pass through" the GetFeatureInfo
>> from
>> the original WMS?
>>
>> Thanks for your help.
>>
>> Best regards