[mapserver-users] Filtering NULL values from Postgis Layer in Mapserver 7

deduikertjes DeDuikertjes at xs4all.nl
Tue Aug 16 03:54:05 PDT 2016

Hi,

In mapserver 6 I use the following to filter out records containing NULL
values in a Postgis layer (I am using runtime substitution for MY_VAR1 and
MY_VAR2):

FILTER (NOT (%MY_VAR1% IS NULL OR %MY_VAR2% IS NULL))

This is working fine, but doesn't work in mapserver 7 anymore as documented
in  http://mapserver.org/MIGRATION_GUIDE.html#mapserver-6-4-to-7-0-migration
<http://mapserver.org/MIGRATION_GUIDE.html#mapserver-6-4-to-7-0-migration>
According to that page I have to write the FILTER statement in the MapServer
expression syntax.

So now I'm trying to do so but I am not winning. I cannot find a way to
properly detect NULL values using MapServer expression syntax. Is there any
way writing such a filter without using a PROCESSING 'NATIVE_FILTER='
construct?

Any help greatly appreciated, MArco