[mapserver-users] PHP MapScript Installation

Argyris Margaritis amargaritis at dotsoft.gr
Fri Aug 26 01:48:32 PDT 2016

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to follow the installation steps for the PHP version of
MapScript, however I'm a bit confused as many of the guides date back to
php3.

Currently I was using the following docker image for my tests, which was
working fine as it is:

https://github.com/kartoza/docker-mapserver

However, to enable PHP MapScript I think I've had to add the following to
thesetup.sh
<https://github.com/kartoza/docker-mapserver/blob/master/setup.sh> as a
cmake option:

-DWITH_PHP=1

This resulted in the following error during build:

CMake Error at mapscript/php/CMakeLists.txt:31 (install):
  install TARGETS given no LIBRARY DESTINATION for module target
  "php_mapscript".

How should I pass the PHP5_EXTENSION_DIR to cmake?

Thanks in advance,
Argyris