[mapserver-users] mapserver vs php-fmp

Eugenio Trumpy frippe12573 at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 18 09:36:58 PST 2016

Hi all,

I was using mapserver 6.4.1 on ubuntu server 14.04 and up to two days ago everything worked fine.
Due to series of apache2 crashes related to module-php5 and module-wsgi I followed a suggested
workaround to use libapache-mod-fcgid and php5-fpm and disable mod-php5.
To do that I followed this guide: https://www.vultr.com/docs/use-php5-fpm-with-apache-2-on-ubuntu-14-04
Actually the apache2 crashed disappeared, however my mapserver application started to have problems.

Looking at my info.php on my webserver I see:

MapServer Version MapServer
 version 6.4.1 OUTPUT=GIF OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=KML
SUPPORTS=PROJ SUPPORTS=GD SUPPORTS=AGG SUPPORTS=FREETYPE SUPPORTS=CAIRO
SUPPORTS=SVG_SYMBOLS SUPPORTS=RSVG SUPPORTS=ICONV SUPPORTS=FRIBIDI
SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WMS_CLIENT SUPPORTS=WFS_SERVER
SUPPORTS=WFS_CLIENT SUPPORTS=WCS_SERVER SUPPORTS=SOS_SERVER
SUPPORTS=FASTCGI SUPPORTS=THREADS SUPPORTS=GEOS INPUT=JPEG INPUT=POSTGIS
 INPUT=OGR INPUT=GDAL INPUT=SHAPEFILE

but

PHP MapScript Version ($Revision$ $Date$)

seems to be empty.

I wonder is something went wrong on changing the php mode, since now php_mapscript extention is not recognized.
Can it be my problem?

My mapserver application start with an almost empty page, I have only a grey line on the top of the page.
In the browser tab I read strangely a part of php code.

If I test the url:

http://my_server_name/cgi-bin/mapserv

I have the notice to download the file mapserv, while if I add ? at the previous URL I have the normal string:
No query information to decode. QUERY_STRING is set, but empty.

Can somebody help me?

Thanks in advance.

Eugenio

P.S. no info on: error.log from apache, php_error.log and ms_error.txt I can say that those logs have not more lines from the date I changed php5 on apache2.