[mapserver-users] Rendering VMAP1 & VMAP2 in VPF Format

Francis, Mike mfrancis at srcinc.com
Fri Jan 29 05:55:13 PST 2016

Good Morning,

What is the easiest way to load Vector Maps (VMAP1 & VMAP2) into map server.  From what I have read vector maps need to be converted into a shape file and then a layer needs to be defined for that shape file.  I have created a script that takes set of VPF files and creates a point, line, area, and text shape file.  From that point I am able to create a layer that is able to render lines and points. I have not been able to get areas and text vector data to display anything.   Does a layer require a special property to render area and text?  Is there an easier way to render VPF data?

Thanks,

Mike Francis