[mapserver-users] Mapserver as WMS on Windows

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Fri Jul 29 06:13:27 PDT 2016

Hello Erwin,

I should note that MS4W comes pre-configured for IMAGEPATH and IMAGEURL,
but I see that you have configured your own locations, which is fine
(you can see the syntax in any one of the 63 working mapfiles that are
distributed with MS4W applications, or also actually inside the WMS
Server document at
http://mapserver.org/ogc/wms_server.html#sample-wms-server-mapfile).
This isn't affecting your question, but I thought I would mention it for
the record.

In terms of your question: what is the response for the following WMS
GetCapabilities request?
http://10.224.160.25:8080/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?map=/ms4w/Apache/cgi-bin/mapfile.map&SERVICE=wms&VERSION=1.1.1&REQUEST=GetCapabilities

If that gives you a valid GetCapabilities response, with no "WARNING"
messages, then I would use the following in your WMS client:
http://10.224.160.25:8080/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?map=/ms4w/Apache/cgi-bin/mapfile.map?

It is nice to hear that the MS4W product is working so well for your
organization.  Please be sure to contact me directly to help fund this
great product, that allows your organization to share; that assistance
will help keep MS4W growing and sustainable.  Thank you so much.

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna
http://www.gatewaygeomatics.com/