[mapserver-users] shp2img line-command to output mapfile with multiple layers

Rahkonen Jukka (MML) jukka.rahkonen at maanmittauslaitos.fi
Fri Mar 11 03:11:22 PST 2016

Hi,

http://mapserver.org/utilities/shp2img.html

-l layers: layers to enable - make sure they are quoted and space separated if more than one listed

Your syntax is for sure not right. Instead of
-l "layer1" "layer2" "layer3"
try
-l "layer1,layer2,layer3"

-Jukka Rahkonen-

nino formica wrote:

I want to use "shp2img" command to create a map image (PNG) from a mapfile that contains 3 layer.
So I write on terminal (Ubuntu):
shp2img -m my_map.map -o my_map.png -l "layer1" "layer2" "layer3"

But I always get a map with only a layer: the first-one on the list after "-l" option !
Why ??
How do I get a map image with all the overlapping layers ?

Thanks !
Nino