[mapserver-users] Get styled .map file using sld?

Ashutosh Sharma ashuandindia at hotmail.com
Thu May 12 06:25:56 PDT 2016

Hi All,

I want to know that is there any mechanism by which I can embed SLD based styling in a .map file.

I believe some mechanism must be there because when I pass SLD file path in WMS request, then in logs I got a message

"Map file after SLD was applied /tmp/57347d6a_9e9_b1._sld.map[Thu May 12 18:26:10 2016].813240 msDrawMap(): rendering using outputformat named jpeg (AGG/JPEG)"

This "/tmp/57347d6a_9e9_b1._sld.map" map file has styles generated using the passed sld file. I have tested this file and this is exactly what I wanted.

Is there any way (some api call or converter) to generated a styled .map file using sld without using the above hack ?

Ashutosh Sharma