[mapserver-users] Mapcache - WMS calls

Robert Sanson Robert.Sanson at asurequality.com
Sun May 15 14:26:21 PDT 2016

I have mapcache and mapserver running on a single server. Mapcache is configured to respond to WMST, TMS and WMS calls. When WMS calls are made, I don't want the calls passed through to the mapserver, but served by the existing tiles in the cache. I want the cached tiles to be assembled from existing tiles and if necessary resampled if the request is not exactly at one of the pre-existing resolutions. Is this possible? Is the following snippet from the mapcache.xml file correct for this behaviour?

<service type="wms" enabled="true">
    <full_wms>assemble</full_wms>
    <resample_mode>bilinear</resample_mode>
    <format allow_client_override="true">myjpeg</format>
  </service>
  <service type="wmts" enabled="true"/>
  <service type="tms" enabled="true"/>

This is so that I can support map printing (at scales that are different to what I serve to browser based clients).

Many thanks,

Robert L. Sanson