[mapserver-users] styling point shapefile for wms

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Fri Apr 14 09:13:02 PDT 2017

Hi Derek,

Since your request is using WMS 1.3.0, the issue could be specifying
long/lat vs lat/long in your CRS parameter of the WMS GetMap request
(see example requests at
http://mapserver.org/ogc/wms_server.html#coordinate-systems-and-axis-orientation).

I would also check the GetCapabilities response for any warnings.

Also, another option for testing your mapfile styling instead of your
first link (CGI method) is to use the shp2img commandline utlity, that
comes ready for your use in MS4W as well (see
http://mapserver.org/utilities/shp2img.html).

Happy mapserving :)

-jeff

--