[mapserver-users] getting layers from tinyows

Ahmed Tolba Ahmed.Tolba at schiebel.net
Mon Feb 6 06:58:53 PST 2017

I found the problem.  There should be a field name called geom to let the tinyows recognize the layer. That’s not written in the documentation.

I have another problem.

I created a geom field and I assigned a geometry in postgresql.  In GDAL I’m setting a
      OGRPoint pt;
      pt.setX( 120 );
      pt.setY( 240 );

      poFeature->SetGeometry( &pt );

      if( poLayer->CreateFeature( poFeature ) != OGRERR_NONE )
      {
            std::cout <<"error creating a feature"<<endl;

      }

The Geometry is set. But When I try to reterive the feature its not working and I can’t get the next feature.

Also another thing,  What format is Geometry data is. I just send X,Y and what I see in the database is encrypted text, that does not represent anything.