[mapserver-users] setting bounding box WG84

Rahkonen Jukka (MML) jukka.rahkonen at maanmittauslaitos.fi
Wed Feb 8 02:25:35 PST 2017

Hi,

You are not supposed to set it manually. TinyOWS is making a database query for finding the extents. You can configure it to use the faster method http://postgis.net/docs/manual-2.0/ST_Estimated_Extent.html if you set it in the config file http://mapserver.org/tinyows/configfile.html.

In your case I suppose that the table behind tows:poiserver is empty.

It might be good to use titles like “[TinyOWS] Setting bounding box WG84” because  all Mapserver users are not TinyOWS users.

-Jukka Rahkonen-

Ahmed Tolba wrote:
[mapserver-users] setting bounding box WG84

Hi All,

How ´would I set the WGS84 Bounding box in the server ?

<FeatureType><Name>tows:poiserver</Name>
<Title>poi server database</Title>
<DefaultSRS>urn:ogc:def:crs:EPSG::4326</DefaultSRS>
<ows:WGS84BoundingBox>
<ows:LowerCorner>0 0</ows:LowerCorner>
<ows:UpperCorner>0 0</ows:UpperCorner>
</ows:WGS84BoundingBox>