[mapserver-users] Embed map (detail map) in mapserver output?

Basques, Bob (CI-StPaul) bob.basques at ci.stpaul.mn.us
Wed Feb 8 14:22:29 PST 2017

All,

Anyone know of a way (trick) to embed a map into a regular map query in Mapserver?  Something like embedding a legend, but I actaully want to embed another higher resolution detail map.  Ideally I would be able to use any of the layers in the main map for the detail as well.

Hmm, I wonder if I can make what I want in a LEGEND block?? If an image in a LEGEND block could be another call to mapserver in place of a static image . . .   Just a wishlist thing right now.  I can stack things in another piece of software currently.

bobb

"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers."
- Thomas Watson (1874-1956), Chairman of IBM, 1943