[mapserver-users] Possible application questions

Joe Hogan joehogan at gmx.com
Mon Feb 20 08:12:03 PST 2017

Hello,

I am writing to ask if MapServer will work for our application.

We are working on a project that will allow us to place on a map of our
country various projects.  We want to be able to filter them based on
various pieces of information, including, for example:

year of project
population
project budget
etc...

We are compiling the data in a CRM(MySQL database), and want to use the
data from the CRM to feed the mapping software.

1 - can I map the type fo information that I need?
2 - can we use the data directly from the CRM database if we tell the
mapping software what data to use(so t can be read on the fly, live from
the database?), or does it need to be exported before using in the
mapping software?
3 - It it needs to be in its own exported format, how to I get it from
MtSQL to the correct format?

Thanks for any and all help.

Joseph