[mapserver-users] Road shields on Mapserver 7

Björn Danielsson bjorn.danielsson at falubo.se
Mon Feb 27 01:04:33 PST 2017

Interesting discussion!
I have an issue with geotransform 'labelpnt' I so far have failed to solve.

Consider a line that depicts a creek. Sometimes it is important to show the
direction of flow. That is mostly achieved on maps by placing arrows along
the creek showing which way the water flows.

I have tried to use LABEL and GEOMTRANSFORM 'labelpoint' with an arrow
symbol and where the label has no text but has REPEATDISTANCE and ANGLE.
Problem is that the symbol is not affected by ANGLE ( neither FOLLOW, AUTO
or AUTO2 ). Does anybody know how to rotate labelpoint symbols or is it not
possible?.

Plan B is to use a LABEL with TEXT = ">" which works fine but is not that
elegant.

Björn D