[mapserver-users] Postgres call 2 GetCapabilities attribute listing.

Basques, Bob (CI-StPaul) bob.basques at ci.stpaul.mn.us
Tue Jan 10 07:52:18 PST 2017

All,

Anyone have an example of how to set up a postgres call in mapfile that is used to output a GetCapabilities attribute listing?  I think I said that correctly.  :c)

I have a layer set up as a WMS service from Postgres, I want to provide a GetCapabilities result for a “select distinct column” call to populate a layering filtering form.  Is this even a WMS thing?

I anticipate that this particular set of unqiue values will be added to over time in the database and thus without my knowing it.  I think I could generate a SLD on the fly with the list as a call result, but that seems overly complicated for some reason.

Maybe this is a DescribeLayer function??  Or do I need to move to a WFS service?

Thanks

bobb

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."
- Walt Disney