[mapserver-users] Postgis geography data

Carlos Ruiz boolean10001 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 20 10:50:38 PST 2017

Chakir,
I never have used geography instead of geometry in PostGIS. However, I know than you can cast this type to geometry by adding ::geometry to it, so as a workaround you can try the following:
SELECT AddGeometryColumn('<table name>', 'geom2', 4326, '<type>', 2);UPDATE <table_name> SET geom2 = geom::geometry;
Finally, in you MAP file point to the new geom2 column (i.e. DATA "geom2 FROM <table_name>)
Cheers