[mapserver-users] Mapfile CLASS hierarchy

Stefanos Anastasiou emperor_stef at yahoo.gr
Sat Jan 21 17:48:07 PST 2017

Hi list,   according to the documentation, the first layer in the mapfile is drawn first, and the second is drawn on top of that and so on... I was wondering if the same principle applies to the CLASS object as well. For example: I have a "Roads" layer stored in PostGIS with a "Category" column representing the different types of roads. So a category 3 is very small roads, category 2 is city roads, 1 is major roads and 0 is highways and on the same layers I create four CLASS objects with different styles for each Road category. But regardless the order of the classes (either I draw the small roads first or the highways) the same effect insists: the small roads are drawn over the highways.    So what is the solution here? Create different layers of the same dataset representing the various values of the "Category" column ??
Regards,-Stefanos