[mapserver-users] Mapfile CLASS hierarchy

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Sat Jan 21 19:03:40 PST 2017

Within a layer objects are always drawn in the order they are delivered
from the datasource. Think of the CLASSes are an IF-ELSEIF-BLOCK, when
an object is presented each CLASS is tested and the first one the
accepts the object renders it.

I often up a default class at then end that has no expression ans render
it in red just so I can see if I missed any cases, but remove it when
I'm done developing the mapfile.

-Steve W