[mapserver-users] Fwd: I think I've asked this before . . . Extenst from a SQL query for map output.

Basques, Bob (CI-StPaul) bob.basques at ci.stpaul.mn.us
Mon Apr 16 14:44:47 PDT 2018

Try this link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/15c6awmbd57vw54/latest.webm?dl=0

My bad.  sorry about that.

On Apr 16, 2018, at 4:35 PM, Carlos Ruiz <boolean10001 at yahoo.com<mailto:boolean10001 at yahoo.com>> wrote:

I cannot watch the video, the URL is wrong.

So you get the extent like SELECT st_extent(geom) FROM table WHERE criteria to a PERL script to make a WMS request with the extent, am I right ?

Yup.  I can’t figure out how to pull the extents out of a SQL through a Mapfile CGI request though, if it’s even doable.  I can’ center the view with a Info request to the WMS, but I can’t seem to get the zoom factor to change in any way.

bobb

"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth."
- Sherlock Holmes