[mapserver-users] GetMap vs GetFeatureinfo sort

Jörg Thomsen (WhereGroup) joerg.thomsen at wheregroup.com
Mon Aug 27 02:23:34 PDT 2018

Hi Lord,

it is not possible to use different sql for getmap and getfeatureinfo.

I'm not sure why you need the order for rendering and I think this could
be solved otherwise. Could you give us some ore information, perhaps an
example?

If the 'sort by' is really needed you could sort the attributes within
your featureinfo-template, e.g. using jquery datatables.

Jörg

Am 24.08.2018 um 19:47 schrieb pe_lord:
> I have 2 superposed points with different attributes.
>
> When I render my classes, the rendering ordering is defined by the last
> geometry retrieved from the db.
> Then my last geometry (I defined an "order by fieldname asc" in my data
> section) is on the top of the getmap return image.
>
> On the other hand, I want to invert this sorting when I call a
> GetFeatureInfo, to sort this way "order by fieldname desc"
>
> Do you know if there is a way to change sorting order.
>
> I want to avoid using a runtime substitution.
>
> MapServer version 7.0.3
>

> --
> Sent from: http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/Mapserver-User-f4226646.html

Viele Grüße,
Jörg Thomsen

 FOSS Academy Sommerschule 2018
 Alles Wichtige zur Erstellung einer GDI in nur 5 Tagen erlernen!
 https://www.foss-academy.com/kompaktkurse

Jörg Thomsen
WhereGroup GmbH & Co. KG
Gillweg 3