[mapserver-users] GetMap vs GetFeatureinfo sort

Jörg Thomsen (WhereGroup) joerg.thomsen at wheregroup.com
Tue Aug 28 00:12:49 PDT 2018

Hi,

hm, I would have expected the classes to be drawn in the same order as
in the mapfile.

You could try to use the label-section with geomtransform 'labelpoint'
[1], perhaps mapserver there takes care of the mapfile order...

Another option would be to use grouped layers, I guess you found this
already:
https://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/71152/mapserver-layer-classes-display-order
-> 2nd answer

Jörg

[1] https://mapserver.org/mapfile/label.html
[2] https://mapserver.org/mapfile/geomtransform.html

Am 27.08.2018 um 20:37 schrieb pe_lord:
> Thanks.
>
> Here more informations.
>
> I have 2 overlapping geometries.
>
> My class are based on a field ==> CLASSITEM "code_type" and appear in my
> mapfile in this order.
>
> CLASS
>     NAME "Blue CLASS"
>     EXPRESSION '1'
>     STYLE
>     SYMBOL "square"
>         SIZE 8
> 	COLOR 53 68 150
>     END
> END
> CLASS
>     NAME "Red Class"
>     EXPRESSION '4'
>     STYLE
>     SYMBOL "square"
>         SIZE 8
> 	COLOR 188 34 115
>     END
> END
>
> My data is stored in this order into PG, with this structure (id,
> code_type,geom):
> id1,4,geom
> id2,1,geom
>
> If I understand properly, my last geometrie (id2) is plotted on top of other
> classes. This is making sense.
>
> Otherwise, in the getfeatureinfo, the same order is kept, this a non-sense
> according to my classes's order.
>
> I would like to to present this data in a flipped order like, according to
> my classes's logic:
> id2,1
> id1,4
>

> I expect that the topmost feature returned in getfeatureinfo response
> correspond to the topmost feature drawn on map. I would like to have a
> constant response, independently from my template format (gml, html,
> json...)
>
> You will find an
> <http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/file/t378858/sl.png>
>

> Here what I tried without succes:
> - flip my mapfile's classes
> - sort my data based on my field (code_type). In this case, either I have
> the getmap sorted in the right order, or the getfeatureinfo. Both behaviors
> are impossible at the same time.
>

> --
> Sent from: http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/Mapserver-User-f4226646.html

Viele Grüße,
Jörg Thomsen

 FOSS Academy Sommerschule 2018
 Alles Wichtige zur Erstellung einer GDI in nur 5 Tagen erlernen!
 https://www.foss-academy.com/kompaktkurse

Jörg Thomsen
WhereGroup GmbH & Co. KG
Gillweg 3