[mapserver-users] OGR GeoJSON Layers...

Lime, Steve D (MNIT) steve.lime at state.mn.us
Mon Dec 3 13:13:11 PST 2018

Hi all: I'm running into an issue with GeoJSON service URLs vs local GeoJSON files. If I setup a connection like so:

  CONNECTIONTYPE OGR
  CONNECTION "http://...some arcgis server.../arcgis/rest/services...?...query string..."

and try to draw the layer it seems like it's fetching features yet nothing is drawn. With CONFIG "CPL_DEBUG" "ON" I see an OGR message that it was able to open the URL successfully as GeoJSON . Using ogrinfo at the command line also works with the URL.

If I first save the URL response using wget and reference the local file, e.g.:

  CONNECTIONTYPE OGR
  CONNECTION "foo.json"

then the layer is drawn successfully. I know this has come up at least once before on the list but with no resolution.

This is running MapServer 6.4.5.

--Steve