[mapserver-users] WMS DescribeLayer: MapServer requires WIDTH and HEIGHT params?

Jonathan Moules jonathan-lists at lightpear.com
Mon Jul 2 13:02:40 PDT 2018

Hi Edward,

They don't seem to be required on the Demo MapServer (which is MapServer
version 7.0.6):

http://demo.mapserver.org/cgi-bin/wms_landsat?request=DescribeLayer&service=WMS&version=1.3.0&sld_version=1.1.0&layers=WMS_raster

For SLD 1.1.0, looking at the spec, Table 1 and 2 both list the
"Parameters in DescribeLayer operation request". The required ones
(beyond the standard service/request/version) are:
layers, sld_version

There are no others, either mandatory or optional.

The SLD 1.0 spec is less clear about what's going on, but when I changed
the sld_version=1.0.0, Mapserver excepted telling me only 1.1.0 is
supported.

Hope that helps in some way,

Cheers,

Jonathan