[mapserver-users] WMS DescribeLayer: MapServer requires WIDTH and HEIGHT params?

Edward Mac Gillavry emacgillavry at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 4 01:55:13 PDT 2018

Setting the SIZE parameter at the MAP level solved the error. Since we're merely using the OGC interfaces we'd left out the SIZE parameter until now.

The error message "msWMSLoadGetMapParams(): WMS server error. Image size out of range, WIDTH and HEIGHT must be between 1 and ..." sent me in the wrong direction. Somehow, among the WMS requests GetCapabilities request doesn't trigger the error message, although there are no WIDTH or HEIGHT parameters in the request either.

Best,

Edward