[mapserver-users] Need mapfile example for Cascaded WMS GetFeatureInfo request

Basques, Bob (CI-StPaul) bob.basques at ci.stpaul.mn.us
Wed Sep 5 13:58:11 PDT 2018

All,

I’m not having any luck with getting a GetFeatureInfo request to work with more than one layer in the request.

All works fine with a single layer named, but as soon as more than one layer is listed in the request I’m getting a MapServer error:

<ServiceExceptionReport xmlns="http://www.opengis.net/ogc" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" version="1.3.0"xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.opengis.net/ogchttp://schemas.opengis.net/wms/1.3.0/exceptions_1_3_0.xsd">
<ServiceException code="LayerNotQueryable">
msWMSFeatureInfo(): WMS server error. Requested WMS layer(s) are not queryable: type or connection differ
</ServiceException>
</ServiceExceptionReport>

I’ve been told the “type or connection differ” chunk of message is the key part.  Again, individual layer requests (LAYERS/QUERY_LAYERS=Layer_01) work just fine, but multiple layers (LAYERS/QUERY_LAYERS=Layer_01, Layer_02) do not.

I’m not finding a lot of info on this online either.  Are there certain gothchas to be aware of here?  do I need to look at how each remote WMS is being serverd with regard to each GetFetureInfo TEMPLATE?  They all work independently, but not in groups.

Thoughts please.

Thanks

bobb

Even if you’re on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there.
—Will Rogers