[mapserver-users] Mapcache instruction

lars.schylberg at blixtmail.se lars.schylberg at blixtmail.se
Thu Sep 20 05:13:09 PDT 2018

I also ran into the problem of running out of i-nodes last year.

Here is the configuration I have with a sqlite cache:

 <cache name="Nordic_sqlite" type="sqlite3">
 <dbfile>/data/mapcache/{grid}/{tileset}/{z}/{x}-{y}.sqlite3</dbfile>
 <xcount>10000</xcount>
 <ycount>10000</ycount>
 <pragma name="max_page_count">1573741823</pragma>
 </cache>

I guess the pragma thing is described in the documentation.
xcount and ycount describes how much You want to store in each sqlite db file before it creates a new db file.
mapcache is creating the db files automatically. So seeding a large area You end up with many sqlite db files that all work together.

This has worked really good for our use case.

Lars Schylberg