[mapserver-users] mapserver 7.4 beta phpng build error

Richard Greenwood richard.greenwood at gmail.com
Thu Apr 25 19:13:53 PDT 2019

I finally got PHPNG to build. As Jeff suggested, I built and installed SWIG
4.0 beta but that didn't help. I compared my configure flags against Seth's
at
https://github.com/mapserver/mapserver/wiki/PHPNG-SWIG-MapScript-Linux-Build
and it appears -DWITH_PYTHON=ON is what I was missing. Does that make sense
to anybody? It certainly doesn't to me.

I made a small edit to wiki/PHPNG-SWIG-MapScript-Linux-Build adding "*../*"
to the end of the cmake command.

Thanks Seth and Jeff.

Rich

On Thu, Apr 25, 2019 at 4:32 PM Seth G <sethg at geographika.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I made a few minor changes to the PHP CMakeLists.txt in
> https://github.com/mapserver/mapserver/pull/5797
> I've also added a wiki page detailing a full build process at
> https://github.com/mapserver/mapserver/wiki/PHPNG-SWIG-MapScript-Linux-Build
> This relies on updating the mapscript/phpng/CMakeLists.txt file first.
> Richard - if you get a chance to follow these steps and see if it works
> for you that would be useful.
>
> Jeff - there might be some useful info on Windows PHP builds at
> https://github.com/mapserver/mapserver/issues/5795
> The SWIG 4.0.0 is in beta (and seems to break Python at the moment), but
> maybe we can move to that when it is officially released to add builds to
> the Travis and Appveyor builds.
>
> Seth
>

> --
> web:http://geographika.co.uk
> twitter: @geographika
>
> On Thu, Apr 25, 2019, at 3:30 PM, Jeff McKenna wrote:
> > On 2019-04-25 10:15 AM, Jeff McKenna wrote:
> > > Hi Rich,
> > >
> > > For Windows builds for MS4W I've been compiling SWIG master from
> source
> > > to handle PHP mapscript with PHP7.  On unix you can use the recent
> SWIG
> > > 4.0-beta1 release:
> > > https://github.com/swig/swig/archive/rel-4.0.0-beta1.tar.gz  To be
> > > honest I'll likely stick with master, as I've now had to use that for
> > > all builds since 2016 for PHP7 mapscript (SWIG 4.0 release has been in
> > > the works for a long time).  My point is, you may also choose to stick
> > > with master too.
> > >
> > > Hope that helps,
> > >
> > > -jeff
> > >

> > Ha I guess my long email wasn't precise enough, I should have said:
> > don't use SWIG 3.0.12, use SWIG-master or 4.0-beta1.   (for PHP7
> > support)  -jeff
> >

> > --
> > Jeff McKenna
> > MapServer Consulting and Training Services
> > https://gatewaygeomatics.com/

Richard W. Greenwood, PLS
www.greenwoodmap.com