[mapserver-users] Map Server configuration in Ubuntu 18.04lts

Stefanos Anastasiou emperor_stef at yahoo.gr
Wed Jan 23 12:09:16 PST 2019

 HI Stathis,   I think you need to create a symlink between the installed mapserv and the the directory that points to cgi-bin in your webserver. Something like:  ln -s /usr/local/bin/mapserv /usr/lib/cgi-bin/mapserv.
Regarding the installation you probably installed version 7.0.4 while the developers team have announced the release of 7.2 which supports php- mapscript for  php7.* now, which is cool. I haven't tried it in my machine yet.
Stefanos
    Στις Τετάρτη, 23 Ιανουαρίου 2019, 9:19:45 μ.μ. EET, ο χρήστης Stathis G. Arapostathis <e.arapostathis at gmail.com> έγραψε:

 Hello all,

I decided to change operating system and installed Ubuntu 18.04lts in an old computer I have.

I successfully installed apache with a sudo command, I can see that is running by typing localhost in a browser.

I also installed cgi-mapserver package with a sudo command however I am not sure that it is somehow connected to apache. Is there any certain configuration that needs to be done for having a mapserv url like in Windows when using the ms4w package? (Something like http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv ?)

Thank you

mapserver-users mailing list
mapserver-users at lists.osgeo.org