[mapserver-users] mapserver 6.2 unexpected behavior or not?

Sebastiano Laini Sebastiano.Laini at BuchananComputing.co.uk
Tue Mar 5 04:24:02 PST 2019

Yesterday I came across this section

https://mapserver.org/optimization/mapfile.html#layers

and I don't understand the status behaviour and MIN/MAXSCALEDENOM

it say:

For every layer in a Map File that has a status of ON or DEFAULT, MapServer will load that layer and prepare it for display, even if that layer never gets displayed.
Ok, so if I setup all layers to OFF and I use MIN/MAXSCALEDENOM they should be displayed at their zoom level? Because I tried but is not work as expected in a web.

This is one of our layer

LAYER
        NAME "YellowB"
        TYPE POLYGON
       MINSCALEDENOM 0
       MAXSCALEDENOM 7500
        STATUS DEFAULT
        CONNECTIONTYPE OGR
        CONNECTION "OpenData_Jan19/YellowBack.TAB"
        STYLEITEM "AUTO"
        CLASS
                NAME "YellowB"
                              STYLE
COLOR 0 0 0
               END
        END
       PROJECTION
                "init=epsg:27700"
        END
END

Should I use the PROJECTION tag in each layer even if the layer itself it supposed to be in that projection?

Sebastiano Laini
Web Developer