[mapserver-users] mapserver 6.2 unexpected behavior or not?

Stephen Woodbridge stephenwoodbridge37 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 5 07:59:43 PST 2019

DEFAULT means the layer will always be displayed like a background
layer, but it is dependent on MIN/MAXSCALEDENOM
ON means that if it is requested via the LAYERS=... that it can be
displayed again dependent on MIN/MAXSCALEDENOM
OFF means it will be ignored by the mapserver CGI even if its in the
LAYERS list.

OFF is useful for things like mapscript where you can define layers and
toggle them on in mapscript.

-Steve W