[mapserver-users] Arc symbol.

Lime, Steve D (MNIT) steve.lime at state.mn.us
Tue Mar 5 15:30:50 PST 2019

Not within MapServer directly, at least not at first glance. There are circle layers but there’s no way to limit drawing to just a specific arc on that circle. Here are some other ideas:

1)      Perhaps it could be done externally in OGR or PostGIS and then rendered in MapServer as a polygon or a line…

2)      You could also take a look at using javascript geotransformations: https://mapserver.org/mapfile/geomtransform.html#javascript-transformation Support was added a while back and isn’t widely used but this is the sort of thing it was added for. In theory you should be able to compute the arc yourself and return it for rendering. So you pass in the 2 lines and then return the arc as a line shape or a pie slice as a polygon shape. (maybe this helps… https://stackoverflow.com/questions/45009327/draw-arc-between-two-lines-i-need-to-calculate-points)

If option 2 works this would be a great thing to archive – a library of geomtranforms. I might tinker with this tonight… ;-)

--Steve