[mapserver-users] Info Template

Rahkonen Jukka (MML) jukka.rahkonen at maanmittauslaitos.fi
Wed Nov 20 05:29:15 PST 2019

Hi Markus,

I am not sure if you'd prefer me to answer in Finnish but English is easier for the majority of readers.

Certainly it is possible to use data from a database with templates yes but you did not tell the details about for what purpose you are trying to use the templates. The DATA (perhaps with CONNECTION) that is used in LAYER https://mapserver.org/mapfile/layer.html can also be used as a data source for templates.

An example from an old mail http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/html-tags-in-GetFeatureInfo-td5224781.html contains a template that defines the html format of GetFeatureInfo. Each "item name" is a name of the attribute in the source data. If vector data for the LAYER comes from MYSQL then the attributes are read from MYSQL as well.

<h3>NIMI</h3>
     [item name=NIMI format="$value" escape=none]
<h3>LISÄTIEDOT</h3>
     [item name=KIELLONLISATIETO format="$value" escape=none]
<h3>VOIMASSAOLO</h3>
     [item name=VOIMASSAOLO format="$value" escape=none]
<h3>YHTEYSTIEDOT</h3>
     [item name=YHTEYSTIEDOT format="$value" escape=none]

-Jukka Rahkonen-