[mapserver-users] WMS-T with daterange attribute

pe_lord pe_lord at protonmail.com
Wed Apr 8 16:50:10 PDT 2020

I have a time enabled dataset containing various attributes, 3 of them are
related to time. The temporal steps between the records are not constant...

The dataset presents roads history. There is many overlap inside this
dataset.

1st attribute = start_date
2nd attribute = end_date
3rd attribute = period_valid [start_date,end_date]

Here what i've tried:

1- Generate a step constant temporal dataset (e.g. create a geometry for
each date I want to publish by wms-t, and join the geometry (and attribute)
where the step intersect the period for each records). Then my dataset pass
from 250K to 11M records..
2- Keep my original dataset and let mapserver manage the temporal
intersection between the user's provided date AND the period (period_valid).

In this ladder situation, mapserver send me this error:

PGRES_FATAL_ERROR (7)
Error (ERROR:  operator does not exist: daterange >= timestamp with time
zone

LINE 1: ...92 321002.819068926))',3798) and ("period_valid" between da...

                                                             ^

HINT:  No operator matches the given name and argument type(s). You might
need to add explicit type casts.

Do you know if there is a way for Maserver to manage a daterange field (or a
start_date AND end_date) in a wms-t request?

--
Sent from: http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/Mapserver-User-f4226646.html