[mapserver-users] mapserver creating layers group MS , that is displayed in GetCapabilities. how to get rid of it? what is the reason for it?

Zmitser Kozhukh zmitserk at mail.ru
Thu Apr 16 07:31:36 PDT 2020

Good day,
I haven’t been using mapserver for a while, but I guess, that since last time I have used it, something has changed.
Now when I am querying GetCapabilities of WMS service, created by Mapserver (version 7.2.0 running on a linux server), it puts everying in ‘MS’ layer group. But I don’t have any MS group defined in mapfile. Could anyone explain how to get rid of this MS group in GetCapabilities xml? This is how it looks in xml:
<Layer queryable="1">
<Name>MS</Name>
<Title>MS</Title>
<Abstract>MS</Abstract>
<CRS>EPSG:4326</CRS>
….
after normal layers follow:
        <Layer queryable="1" opaque="0" cascaded="0">
        …..
        </Layer>
        …..
</Layer>
So for me it looks that for no reason the group MS is created which is sort of container for all normal layers.
But how to get rid of this MS group?
Sincerely,

--
Zmitser Kozhukh