[mapserver-users] Display of an RGB file

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Tue Apr 14 12:28:34 PDT 2020

Hi Asen,

There seems to be several issues with your mapfile.

I found it easier to create my own small mapfile with your data:
https://gatewaygeomatics.com/dl/nasa-goddard-space-flight-center.map

Here it is in action:
https://ms4w.dev/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?map=/ms4w/apps/ticket-nasa-goddard-space-flight-center/test.map&mode=browse&template=openlayers&layers=all

And you can add the WMS service into your local QGIS as a new WMS layer
using this url:
https://ms4w.dev/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?map=/ms4w/apps/ticket-nasa-goddard-space-flight-center/test.map

I'd recommend just starting with that mapfile locally, generate a map
image with a local 'shp2img' command, then test through the WMS service
in a client.

Hope that helps.  Cheers from the east coast of Canada,

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna
https://gatewaygeomatics.com/

On 2020-04-14 12:43 p.m., Radov, Asen (GSFC-619.0)[UNIVERSITY OF