[mapserver-users] Bewbie question about MapServer and WPS

Travis Kirstine traviskirstine at gmail.com
Wed Feb 26 06:24:27 PST 2020

Petros

I'm not sure if MapServer is what you are looking for as I is generally
used the the creation and transfer of maps and it sounds like you are only
concerned with retrieval of statistical information.  MapServer probably
could be used for the application you describe but it would be easier to
simply use a WPS  service of some sort (https://pywps.org/).  Alternatively
you could look at using postgresql with the geo-spatial postgis extension
to perform your analysis any develop your own interface using whatever
language you prefer.