[mapserver-users] Contours can break off and TILEINDEX does not work

Beu Beu beu at live.jp
Mon Jul 13 03:17:04 PDT 2020

Dear all,

I'm coding Java MapScript program as servlet webapp of Tomcat (on Windows), using "javamapscript.dll" and "mapscript.jar", to process "mapObj" object dyamically.

I have some problems on contour rendering.
Could someone please tell me how to fix them?

I request multiple tiled (client-side tiling) GetMap operations, and get images.

Problem 1:
  The contour can break off on tile edge (not allways).
  The simple geometric data (vector, raster) does not break off on tile edge.

Mapfile:
  MAP
    LAYER
      STYLE LINE
      CONNECTIONTYPE CONTOUR
      DATA "dem.tif"
      PROCESSING "BANDS=1"
      PROCESSING "CONTOUR_ITEM=elevation"
      PROCESSING "CONTOUR_INTERVAL=0,25000:5"
      PROCESSING "CONTOUR_INTERVAL=25000,50000:10"
      PROCESSING "CONTOUR_INTERVAL_50000,1000000:25"
      CLASS
        STYLE
          WIDTH 0.25
          COLOR 0 0 0
        END
      END
    END
  END

Problem 2:
  I create TILEINDEX shapefile with gdaltindex command (on QGIS) specifying one or multiple DEM files.
  For only 1 DEM file, the contours are shown.
  But, for multiple DEM files, contours only for one of them are shown.
  2 DEMs, 10 DEMs, 100 DEMs, in the same way.

Mapfile:
  MAP
    LAYER
      STYLE LINE
      CONNECTION CONTOUR
      TILEINDEX "tileindex.shp"
      TILEITEM "location"
      PROCESSING ...
      CLASS
        STYLE
          WIDTH 0.25
          COLOR 0 0 0
        END
      END
    END
  END

With best regards,

MapServer (MapScript) 7.4.3 (on Windows)
... release-1911-x64-gdal-3-0-0-mapserver-7-4-3 at GISInternals
Tomcat 8.5.51 (on Windows)
JavaSE 8u251 (on Windows)
Windows Server 2016

Beu